Location: San Diego, California
Estimators will work enitially on negotiated commercial projects within our core markets. Estimators will work directly with Architects, Engineers, Owners, and Subcontractors and are compulsory to have the following skills:
- Must have experience planing detailed conceptual cost estimates and conceptual cost studies from schematic or viability level documentation.
- Capability to prepare detailed estimate updates, as the design evolves, including preparing variance summaries between estimates.
- Must have knowledge and understanding of unit costs and the factors that affect construction cost.
- Capability to prepare detailed instructions to bidders, trade specific clarifications and comprehensive bid packages.
- Must have knowledge of writing and negotiating subcontracts.
- Must be ready to participate and often lead the preparation and appearance of cost / budget information to the Customer / Owner.
- Readiness and desire to vigorously participate in Value Engineering sessions with the project team and design team.
- Must have experience being a member of the team involved in Request for Proposal Responses (RFP’s) and the formal presentation for a project.
- She or he should have the ability to develop business with new and existing Customers.
- We are looking for a flexible, detail-oriented team player with the ability to manage multiple tasks, produce quality work, and consistently meet deadlines.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Outstanding listening skills and have strong communication skills
- Aptitude to identify and resolve complex issues
- Efficient participation in team environment
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite, Estimating software (Timberline or similar), Project Management software (Prolog or similar), and Scheduling software (Primavera or similar).
- 5+ years of experience as a Commercial Construction Estimator, preferably within DPR’s Core Market projects.
- A strong work ethic and a “can-do” attitude.
Send CV and Contact: email@example.com